Queen of the Apostles Parish
Parish Council of Catholic Women
- PCCW Meeting Minutes -- January 2018
- PCCW Meeting Minutes -- December 2017
- PCCW Meeting Minutes -- October 2017
- PCCW Meeting Minutes -- September 2017
- PCCW Meeting Minutes -- March 2017
- PCCW Meeting Minutes -- Jan 2017
- PCCW Meeting Minutes -- October
- PCCW Meeting Minutes -- September
- PCCW Meeting Minutes -- August
- PCCW Meeting Minutes -- July
- PCCW Meeting Minutes -- June
- PCCW Meeting Minutes -- May
- PCCW Meeting Minutes -- April
- PCCW Meeting Minutes -- February
- PCCW Meeting Minutes -- January
- PCCW Meeting Minutes -- December
Prayer to Our Lady of Good Counsel
God of Heavenly wisdom,you have given us Mary, Mother of Jesus, to be our guide and counselor. Grant that we may always seek her motherly help in this life, and so, enjoy her blessed presence in the life to come.
O Mother of Good Counsel, Patroness of the National Council of Catholic Women, intercede for us, that we may be wise, courageous, and loving leaders of the church. Help us, dear Mother, to know the mind of Jesus, your Son.
May our labors of love on earth enhance the reign of God, and may God's gifts of faith and living hope prepare us for fullness of the world to come.
The PCCW is made up of all the women in Saint Mary Parish.
- Bring us together through religious, educational, and social activities.
- Assist the Pastor in parish needs.
- Foster a respect for life and a concern for the sick, the elderly, and shut-ins.
- Provide service to the parish community.
- Support the missions.
- Participate in the local, diocesan and national councils.
Queen of the Apostles PCCW is one of 20 parishes included in the Tomah Deanery. This Deanery is one of 13 which make up the La Crosse Diocesan Council of Catholic Women (DCCW). Queen of the Apostles PCCW is also a member of the National Council of Catholic Women (NCCW).
Queen of the Apostles PCCW is comprised of 12 guilds. Each guild, with about 80 members, has a chair and a co-chairperson. Women are assigned to a guild or may opt to join a specific guild.
The Twelve Guilds are:
St. Bernadette St. Catherine St. Cecilia St. Clare
St. Dorothy St. Francis St. Joan St. Loretta
St. Monica St. Rose St. Theresa St. Veronica
- Make ceremonial gifts for Baptisms.
- Furnish altar breads, wine, and altar supplies.
- Give Seminarians and Religious spiritual and monetary support.
- Keep the sacristy and church clean.
- Donate to the parish fund.
- Prompt 'Right to Life'.
- Assist at nursing home Masses.
- Pray the rosary at funeral visitations.
- Prepare and serve funeral luncheons.
- Sponsor Coffee Socials.
- Host Senior Citizen Potluck.
- Engage in Fall Festival activities.
- Support Saint Mary School functions.
- Sponsor Rummage and Bake sales.
- Visit the sick and shut-ins.
- Assemble and deliver Christmas gift bags for shut-ins.
- Donate to the missions and needy causes.
Reasons to Get Involved in the PCCW
To continue the 'Corporal Works of Mercy'.
To help others in need, both spiritually and physically.
To appreciate the special qualities in others.
To share your God-given talents.
To develop your leadership skills.
To gain a sense of belonging from working together.
To make new friends.
To deepen your personal spirituality.
Meetings are the 3rd Thursday of the Month at 4:00 p.m.
For More Information Call PCCW Officers:
Connie Howard -- (608) 372-0527
Mary Ann Komiskey -- (608) 374-2378
Debbie Murphy -- (608) 372-3020
Natalie Divyak -- (608) 372-3498
Rita Olson -- (608) 372-2990
Barb Grygleski -- (608) 372-5208
Anna Mae Rudolph -- (608) 372-2235